Retirement saving is at the centre of the debate on rising income and wealth inequality. This column studies the role of the pension system in wealth accumulation and distribution in Denmark. The authors find that a pension reform in the late 1980s increased the savings rate and aggregate pension assets significantly by introducing mandated funded pensions. Moreover, it has had an equalising effect on the wealth distribution. The findings illustrate the importance of pension system design for the level and distribution of wealth.
wtwco.com (24.01.2022) A large majority of the political parties in parliament have agreed on a new model to equalize family leave benefit entitlements between both parents, adopting almost in its entirety a proposal from the two main social partners. The bill required to amend current family leave legislation was submitted to parliament on December 22, 2021.
Social Security Admnistration (31.01.2020) On December 21, Denmark's parliament approved a law that will allow citizens and certain other individuals with at least 42 years of employment by age 61 to receive a new means-tested early pension (tidlig pension) up to 3 years before the normal retirement age of 67. Specifically, starting on January 1, 2022, individuals can retire up to 1 year early with 42 years of employment from age 16 to age 61, 2 years early with 43 years of employment, or 3 years early with 44 years of employment.
Ministry of employment (16.06.2020) A tax-free one-time grant of DKK 1,000 is paid to beneficiaries who were fully or partially publicly supported by a public income transfer in the month of April. The grant is not offset by the citizen's public benefits.
- Private vendors׳ involvement does not depend on who has the responsibility of the EHR system development.
- Private vendors׳ involvement can be found in all phases of the EHR system development.
- Indicates the necessity of more efforts to be made for the integration of Standards, for enhancing interoperability.
- Identifies which Standards supported by EHR system in operation worldwide.
euractiv.com (09.04.2020) Denmark has always prided itself on its “flexicurity” model that marries the free market with a welfare society, but in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, it has chosen another strategy. Like several other European countries, it chose to effectively fork over money to companies to pay the wages of their staff. “It is important for me here today to send a signal to companies: Keep on your employees,” Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said.
euractiv.com (15.03.2020) Denmark’s government told private companies struggling with drastic measures to curb the spread of coronavirus that it would cover 75% of employees’ salaries, if they promised not to cut staff. Under the three-month aid period that will last until June 9, the state offers to pay 75% of employees’ salaries at a maximum of 23,000 Danish crowns ($3,418) per month, while the companies pay the remaining 25%. “If there’s a big drop in activity, and production is halted, we understand the need to send home employees.
Personnel Today (20.05.2019) Denmark has some of the most generous parental leave and childcare support schemes in the world. But have these had an impact on closing its gender pay gap? Jason Downes looks at what the UK can learn from its policies.
World Economic Forum t15.03.2019) Other nations often look to Scandinavia for inspiration on family policies. The region’s childcare arrangements are among the most generous in the world, supporting parents from the early days of pregnancy to school and beyond.